The Truth about juicing wheatgrass…
The Truth about Juicing wheat-grass is:
its one of the best things you can stick in your juicer!
Lets talk about why wheat-grass is such a super food, and share some tips on how to get the most out of it
Why You Should Juice Wheat-grass
Wheat-grass is all the rave today in the juicing movement, and for good reasons. The benefits of wheat-grass are not just hype – they are well-researched and widely documented.
Here are just some of the seemingly endless reasons for why you should juice wheat-grass.
1. Complete nutrition
Wheat-grass juice contains a complete line of vitamins and minerals plus dozens of trace elements and powerful enzymes. This powerhouse mix of nutrients nourishes, heals and energizes the whole body.
2. THE Richest source of chlorophyll
Wheat-grass is the best source of live chlorophyll in the planet. Pretty impressive huh?
Here are some reasons why we need chlorophyll:
- Chlorophyll is the catalyst for building plant food which in turn is man’s best food.
- Chlorophyll is a vital blood builder and can thus increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood to the tissues.
- It contains the powerful antioxidant SOD (or super-oxide dismutase) which fends off free radicals that cause aging.
- It has been documented to stop the growth of bad bacteria in the body.
- Chlorophyll in wheat-grass exists in the crude form which means it can be safely taken orally.
- Chlorophyll flushes out drug overload in the body by purifying the liver.
- It has been found to manage blood sugar spikes.
- In short, chlorophyll represents the “sun power” or “concentrated sunlight” which powers up life.
3. Rich source of oxygen
Being the richest source of chlorophyll, wheat-grass juice is consequently high in oxygen which is need for the optimum function of the two most important organs of the human body – the heart and the brain.
4. Superior detoxify-er
In terms of detoxification, wheat-grass juice is far superior than other detox vegetables such as carrots and broccoli.
5. Beautifying and anti-aging
Wheat-grass juice works from the inside to improve the outside. Many wheat-grass juice enthusiasts attest that their skin, nails, hair and dental health have improved.
The cocktail of nutrients and antioxidants in wheat-grass juice work together to combat inflammation, thus benefiting people with arthritis, hypertension and cancer.
Tips on how to juice wheat-grass:
- Do not use a blender or food processor in juicing wheat-grass as the the rapid movement results in the oxidation of chlorophyll.
- Use a great quality masticating juicer in juicing wheat-grass.
- Centrifugal juicers are not good at extracting the juice out of wheat-grass though you can work your way around this by tying the blades into a knot before feeding them into the juicer. Alternatively, you can sneak the blades of wheat-grass in between two slices of apples or any hard produce.
- Wash and chop the blades of wheat-grass before feeding them into your juicer.
- Feed a little amount of wheat-grass at a time for optimum juicing efficiency.
- To counter the grassy taste of wheat-grass, mix it with a sweet fruit like apple or grape.
- For maximum nutrition, drink up your wheat-grass juice as soon as you can or not later than 30 minutes after juicing.
Make wheat-grass a regular ingredient of your juicing regime, and reap the benefits for many years to come. If your looking for the perfect juicer for your wheat-grass journey, check out our awesome reviews here, and get juicing today!