The Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor Review
You’re on a mission to reclaim your health and would like to arm yourself with a dependable juicer. How do you choose? Take time to think about your needs and tastes and then consider such variables as price as against function, feed chute size, speed against efficiency, and ease of use versus capabilities. One juicer that just might be the perfect balance of these factors is the Breville JE98XL Juicer.
This juicer has an easier-to-handle price tag than its big brother (the Breville juice fountain elite) and retains most of its great functions and advantages.
Learn more about this product in our complete juicer review for this masticating juicer:
Breville JE98XL Juicer Features
- Powerful motor- The Breville Juice Fountain Plus has an 850-watt dual speed motor which, coupled with its stainless steel cutting disc and stainless steel mesh filter basket, extracts juice powerfully at record speeds.
- 2-speed control settings– It has both low and high-speed control settings that enable customized speeds for produce of differing consistencies. The slow 6,500-RPM speed is perfect for soft produce while the fast 12,000-RPM is for hard fruits like apples and carrots.
- Minimal heat generation– Unlike other centrifugal juicer brands, the Breville Juice Fountain Plus generates only 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit of heat to keep naturally-occurring enzymes and antioxidants intact.
- Large feed tube– The feed tube is generously sized at 3 inches to let you skip the tedious task of chopping and slicing your produce.
- Safety mechanisms-The safety locking arm and the overload protection LED work together to guarantee your safety.
- Durable structure-The body is made of heavy-grade polymer to last for years.
- Convenience features– Large capacity feed tubes eliminate the need for meticulous chopping and slicing. The 1-litre juice jug comes with a froth separator and the pulp container features an integrated handle for more convenience.
- Top shelf dishwasher-safe- Majority of the parts are safe for the top shelf of a dishwasher so cleaning is not an issue.
- Warranty-This juicer is covered by a one-year warranty
Breville JE98XL Juicer Pros
Fast and powerful
This juicer juices fast and strong. Why it can extract the juice of a pineapple with the rind on! To come up with a gallon of juice, you don’t have to wait for hours as you would with a masticating juicer.
You can juice both hard fruits such as pears, beets and carrots just as well you would the softer vegetables and leafy greens – thanks to its dual-speed controls.
This juicer is designed for convenience. Consisting of only 5 parts, it is easy to assemble and clean. The simple, 2-speed control setting is easy enough for the technically-challenged while the large feed tube allows you to feed whole fruits and vegetables. And because the parts are top-shelf dishwasher-safe, cleanup is a breeze.
The very low heat generated ensures that the nutrients and phytochemicals of whole foods are kept unharmed in your juice. The accompanying froth separator eliminates much of the froth to give you juice that tastes good and keeps well. All surfaces that come in direct contact with the food and pulp are guaranteed to be BPA-free to ensure your health.
You don’t have to worry about overloading as the juicer comes equipped with a sensor which detects overloading, automatically shutting down the motor when you have inadvertently put in too much load.
Neat and clean look
The cord is designed to wrap around the base and hide away from sight so that what you see is just the sleek body minus the unsightly cords.
Breville JE98XL Juicer Cons
This is a centrifugal juicer and as such is not as highly-efficient as masticating and triturating types when it comes to juicing wheat-grass and other hard-to-juice leafy greens. You may need to run the pulp one more time to extract more juice. You may also need to sneak leafy greens in between hard fruits in order to juice them.
The decibel level of centrifugal juicers can be quite high, though some say the sound is not that disturbing.
Best Suited For
This Breville Juice Fountain Plus is a good choice for newbies in juicing who are still feeling their way around juicers and are afraid to invest in high-end masticating juicers. The simple 2-speed setting and the juicing-only capabilities are enough to satisfy those who simply want a healthful juice every day and do not dream of pasta and rice cakes. It is the juicer of choice for busy people who don’t have the luxury of time and need to have their morning juice quick but still value a quality, antioxidant bursting juice.
Not so good for
This juicer will not satisfy the hard-core juicing aficionado who juices mostly leafy greens and insists on froth-free juice. You can’t expect to have juice that will last for as long as 3 days. This may not also work well with people who want absolutely quiet juicers.
You will be surprised at how much juice the Breville manages to squeeze. Aside from fruits, this juicing machine can do a decent job on leafy greens. It creates a small amount of froth so that the pulp is semi-dry while the resulting juice is quite translucent. That means you will get a lot of ready-to-drink juice out of your produces in not time, which is particularly helpful when you’re in a hurry. While a few extra rounds can help you extract more juice, the difference in the amount is not that significant.
This powerful machine can even handle more fibrous and harder produces, such as apples, beets, and carrots with no problem at all. It can tackle whole beets and carrots, pulverizing them in short order. When it comes to apples, it’s advisable to cut them in half for best results. Yet you will not have to chop them into small pieces as is the case with some juicers.
Prep & Clean Up
It takes around 30 seconds to set up the device. The Breville JE98XL comprises 7 parts only. Most of the components are dishwasher safe, meaning they can be cleaned or rinsed quickly.
Our Juicer Review Verdict
Overall, this juicer rates highly when you consider the balance of many factors — speed, efficiency, simplicity, durability and price. It is excellent for juicing hard and soft vegetables and satisfactory for extracting the juice of leafy greens. Speed and power are its key features.
You will look forward to countless hours of juicing sessions as this juicer is easy to set up and operate and just as easy to clean. It is easy on both the eyes and the pocket, too!